SPIRITUAL LIFE COACHING PROGRAM (SLC)
The Inner Visions Institute for Spiritual Life Development is the only known credentialing institution specifically for Spiritual Life Coaches. Our curriculum teaches the accepted ICF and IAC Core Coaching Competencies using Universal Law and Spiritual Principles as the grounding foundation of the curriculum.
The Program Design
Spiritual Life Coaching is a practice and a process that utilizes a specific approach to coaching that is designed to facilitate and support a deeper awareness and acceptance of who you are as a unique and divine individual. The intention behind the Inner Visions integrated approach is for our students to be aligned with both the principles of personal and spiritual development as well as the accepted standards, practices and requirements of professional coaching. This means our approach, our language and the results achieved are aligned with the student’s individual authentic identity as; “a spiritual being having a human experience.”
The curriculum of the Inner Visions Institute Spiritual Life Coaching program is designed to prepare students according to the highest standards of professional coaching while grounding them with experience and knowledge necessary to be aware of and guided by their intuitive spiritual nature.
Dr. Iyanla Vanzant, the founder, and director of the Inner Visions Institute believes there is a critical need for the integration of spiritual knowledge and human experience. In this way, the coaching environment can become a bedrock for the evolution of human conscious through the elimination of mental and emotional limitations. A Spiritual Life Coach is one who understands how life works when it is aligned with the flow of the universe and, has mastered the information, tools and process’s required to support the transformation of others.
The Program Approach
IVISLC is an experiential program where the students themselves are their first client. IVISLC students learn how to support others by making self-loving, self-honoring choices and decisions in the areas of their lives they desire to advance and enhance. Our curriculum teaches the Core Coaching Competencies
Our curriculum teaches the Core Coaching Competencies of Active and Engaged Listening, Clarifying Goals and Desires, Clear Communication, Creating Awareness, Creating Results, Effective Questioning, Facilitating Learning, Inviting Possibility.
In addition, the curriculum covers, Advanced Metaphysics, Business and Ethics of Coaching, Group Facilitation, Meditation Practices and Principles, Prayer Practices and Principles, and Spiritual Leadership.
This one-year course of study is open to all Certified Coaches, Social Workers, Guidance Counselors, Psychotherapists, Clergy and Lay Clergy; those seeking to pursue Spiritual Life Coaching as a full or part-time career, as well as those seeking to incorporate spiritually grounded coaching skills into their current career.
Classes begin with a week-long Summer Intensive held on the campus of Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY. Each session offering instruction with hands-on experiences serves as an intensive orientation designed to prepare each student for success throughout the remainder of the year. Our in-class monthly instructional sessions are conducted at our Maryland location.
Each monthly class meeting is further supported by online interactions via webinar and weekly conference calls with faculty and peers. Student assignments are issued and monitored with online instructional tools. We encourage all prospective students to have a basic proficiency in computer applications and usage. The Student Coaching Practicum is supervised by Inner Visions Faculty and Graduate Assistants. Successful completion of the program also includes a Comprehensive Final Examination and personal interviews. The course of study ends with a beautiful Commitment and Commencement ceremony.
We encourage all prospective students to have a basic proficiency in computer applications and usage. The Student Coaching Practicum is supervised by Inner Visions Faculty and Graduate Assistants. Successful completion of the program also includes a Comprehensive Final Examination and personal interviews. The course of study ends with a beautiful Commitment and Commencement ceremony.
IVISD Spiritual Life Coaching Program Intentions and Learning Objectives
A graduate of the Inner Visions Institute for Spiritual Development Spiritual Life Coaching program shall be certified as a Spiritual Life Coach. As such, a graduate shall embody and demonstrate a spirit of service and support through spiritual life coaching beneficial to the evolution of human consciousness and the elimination of human suffering by:
- Embracing and embodying spiritual practice as the framework and foundation for self-governance and creation of and approach to life experiences.
- Developing and sustaining an intimate relationship with Spirit as a result of a conscious commitment to consistent daily practice that deepens.
- Creating and expanding opportunities to communicate, teach, implement, practice and demonstrate spiritual principles as a framework for addressing the realities of everyday life.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and spiritual development in service to the enhancement in their own lives and the lives of others.
- Consistent demonstration of commitment and availability to facilitate, support and encourage others in their spiritual growth and development.
- Creating, facilitating and/or providing a leadership role when necessary, requested and/or appropriate.
- Demonstrated capacity to make conscious choices and practicing self-loving, self-honoring behaviors using spiritual principles as a foundation.
- Expanded knowledge and developed mastery in the use of coaching skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of spiritual life coaching skills, principles, and tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency, knowledge, and capacity to employ and activate the success principles in one’s own life and supporting clients in the same.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the ethics and standards of conduct of Spiritual Life Coaching.
- Demonstrating proficient ability to engage all skills within the context of the coaching relationship in order to benefit the client.
- Establishing an atmosphere, environment and process to support the client’s vision in being realized and manifested.
- Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate group coaching sessions in addition to individual client sessions.
- Develop a comprehensive business and marketing plan for coaching practice and promotional materials.
- Awareness of necessary action steps related to creating or advancing a coaching practice including the development of forms, client intake, client assessment, client evaluation, required business practices (taxes, record keeping, client forms, etc.)
- Developing and manifesting the Living Vision Life Plan.
- Demonstration of proficiency in utilizing various healing technologies within the context of spiritual life coaching with clients.
- Demonstration of proficiency in utilizing Intuitive Coaching within the context of coaching with clients.