Personal Development Program
The Inner Visions Institute Personal Development Program is an innovative, experiential learning process for those who are committed to the journey of self-discovery personal growth and healing. Greatness lives within you! This greatness must be nurtured and nourished.
Healing, as applied to the curriculum of the Personal Development Program means: “to make whole; to restore”. At the core of all personal discovery, growth and development there is something that requires healing and, something we must re-claim. In more instances than not, what is required is a connection to the authentic self, the truth and essence of who we are within. At the Inner Visions Institute, we understand that this level of discovery is more than intellectual pursuit! Personal healing and development requires a willingness to see and know yourself at a level that the intellect cannot access. The discovery begins with the acknowledgment and acceptance of the sum total of who you are and all you have experienced, grounded in a commitment to shift, transform and heal those aspects of your being that no longer serve your higher good.
The Personal Development Program is a nurturing ground for who you have been and nourishes all that you desire to become. Our program provides you with the guiding spiritual principles that facilitate and support the rigorous self-examination required for personal development and growth. This examination is supported and enhanced as we teach you the tools and practices required to engage in a consistent spiritual practice. This results in a deeper awareness of and connection to your authentic identity; the truth of who you are and the greatness that lies within. Our two-year Personal Development Program provides you with a foundation for a lifetime of growth and healing experiences that will yield a powerful and positive harvest in every aspect of your life.
The Inner Visions Institute Personal Development Program utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to support students in using the knowledge they gain in a personal and practical manner. By learning to recognize and embrace universal law and spiritual principles, students are given the opportunity to learn how to integrate what they learn as they examine their lives to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and their experiences. Basic Coaching Skills and principles are taught as the means of facilitating the meaningful, self-supportive and self-loving examination leading to healing, growth and personal/spiritual development. All learning experiences are designed to support students in recognizing and releasing habitual patterns of thought and behavior in order to recognize, realize and appreciate an elegant and dynamic personal vision. The program is designed to teach you what you need to know about yourself and the process of life that you did not learn in traditional educational environments.
Learning experiences and instruction are delivered through a combination of in-person and online instruction utilizing monthly face-to-face sessions, faculty, and peer coaching sessions and support meetings facilitated by the Institute faculty. The instruction process begins at the week-long Summer Intensive held in beautiful Rhinebeck, NY. Each session offering instruction with hands-on experiences serves as an intensive orientation designed to prepare each student for success throughout the remainder of the year. Our in-class monthly instructional sessions are conducted at our Maryland location. Each monthly class meeting is further supported by online interactions via webinar and weekly conference calls with faculty and peers. Students’ assignments are issued and monitored with online instructional tools. We encourage all prospective students to have a basic proficiency in computer applications and usage.
YEAR 1: – Knowledge and Integration of five content areas that form the IVISD Learning Foundation for Personal Development.
- Practical Metaphysics – study of universal law and principles required for the development of a balanced and productive lifestyle.
- Healthy Mind/Healthy Body – study of basic human developmental needs that can be, and often are lacking as a result of generational pathology and environment
- Meditation Practices & Principles -study of the techniques and practices that facilitate and supports self-awareness, healing, and development at the mental level.
- Prayer Practices & Principles – study of the various forms and applications of inner communion that facilitate and enhance personal development and healing on all levels of life experiences.
- Effective Communication – the study of the tools, skills, and practices that result in deeper, more intimate connections and deeper communication in all areas of life experience.
YEAR 2: Students refine and demonstrate their knowledge of skills, tools, and practices necessary for the manifestation of their personal vision and the enhancement of personal relationships.
- Life Mastery: Building A Purposeful Life Plan– students learn and are supported in the development and execution of a Living Vision Life Plan that supports the manifestation of personal desires.
- Fundamentals of Spiritual Life Development – students learn the process and practice of integrating spiritual practices to facilitate personal healing as they create a balanced approach to life experiences.
- The Bridge: Fundamentals of Coaching Techniques and Ethics – through instruction and supervised peer coaching, students integrate basic coaching skills and tools as the foundation for a principle based communication and interaction process.
- Fundamentals of Relationships – using a spiritually grounded principle format, students engage in an experiential process to restore, enhance and evolve interpersonal relationships.
- Introduction to A Course in Miracles – introduction to the practice and process of clearing and balancing emotions by employing spiritual principles.
- Conscious Connected Breathing – introduction to and practice of the use of breath as a personal healing and development tool.
- Emotional Freedom Technique – introduction to and practice of this spiritual technology is offered to support students in clearing emotional energy while developing internal balance and strength.
Graduates of the Inner Visions Institute Personal Development Program will be equipped to:
~Demonstrate mastery of universal law and spiritual principles as an approach to life experiences;
~ Develop and maintain a consistent spiritual practice that supports and enhances personal development;
~ Demonstrate and sustain effective communication practices in all areas of life;
~ Create and manifest personal desires through intentionality and consistent action;
~ Create, engage and maintain deeper, more meaningful interpersonal relationships;
~ Participate as effective members in family and community settings in a loving, supportive manner.